Login to Rate
Serena’s Uganda flagship, the Kampala Serena Hotel is an inspirational blend of 5-star polish, pan-African panache, social style and business reliability.
Kampala Serena Hotel
Ideally located at the very heart of Kampala, the hotel stands amidst 7.2 acres of landscaped grounds and water gardens. An oasis of cool and green, encircled by the seven hills of Kampala, this 152-room world-class hotel is the focal point of national, regional, business, political and social life.
Drawing its architectural inspiration from the abundance of Uganda’s lakes and rivers, the hotel has been created around a central water theme, which manifests itself both in the extensive water gardens and in the hand-carved panels and shimmering mosaics with which it is decorated.
Inspirationally styled as a showcase for Ugandan art, this unique 5-star hotel in Uganda offers; an international conference centre, a garden auditorium, a roof-top terrace, a rock-sculptured pool terrace, three restaurants, two bars and the Moorish palace of the ‘Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa’.
The hotel is situated in central Kampala, 40 kilometres from Entebbe International Airport.
Kampala Serena Hotel offers a world of dining and entertaining options. Choose from our stunning gourmet restaurant, The Pearl of Africa (open 6pm to 10pm), The Explorers Italian Bistro (open 10am to 12 midnight), The Lakes, All-day international restaurant (open 6.30 am to 10pm) and the sparkling Pool Terrace (open 11am to 7pm).
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, WiFi and voice-mail
- Bambara Residents’ Lounge with Bedouin Terrace
- The Lakes, all-day brasserie
- The Mist, cocktail bar
- The Explorer, Italian bistro
- The Pearl of Africa, fine-dining experience
- The Sesse Pool Terrace bar and café
- Panoramic roof terrace for private cocktails and social events
- Garden auditorium
- Extensive swimming pool area with rock-built waterfall